I hope that you will find this resource useful. They are sites that I have found interesting and helpful. The list will be constantly up-dated, but if you find any broken links I would be grateful if you would contact me and let me know.
If you wish to link to this site please click Linking to this site for further information.
Art Related Sites and Resources
The following resources are designed to provide help and information to people interested in the wide world of art.
- Uncoindatelier.com is a fine and trendy jewelery brand that imagines accessories and personalized jewelry, bijoux personnalisés in French, for women
- Artists directory Paintings and Prints2 Artists Directory. This directory provides support for British artists and a comprehensive listing for those searching for contemporary British artwork.
- JOLAF I like this site because it brings together artists and craftsman who work over a wide range of disciplines. You can find a wide range of items from traditional paintings to beautiful woodwork and stained glass. There is also a wealth of information for people wishing to sell things online. It is based in America but hosts artists and craftsmen from all over the world.
- EC Gallery. This is a « sister » site to Jolaf. You can spend hours just looking around the world at an amazing assortment of arts and crafts, and at information that relates to this huge online community.
- Artdeadline.com: the art world’s source for income and exhibition opportunities. A searchable database and magazine that lists local and national juried artist competitions, grants, call for submissions, art jobs, art festivals, residencies, fellowships, & more… Also see comprehensive artist support services…
- The Saatchi Gallery – Contemporary art in London. The website of this world famous gallery aims to provide « an innovative forum for contemporary art ». This is a very comprehensive site that presents and supports the work of school children as well as that of internationally renowned artists and galleries.<
Another extremely comprehensive site for contemporary art, art news, art history and artist galleries and portfolios.
ArtQuest Link This is a huge site which aims to directly connect buyers and sellers of art around the world.
The Languedoc English Language Resources
If there is anything that you want to know about this region, between them, the following sites have left no stone unturned. You will uncover a real wealth of information.
The Languedoc Page. Click here to open this site in a new windowThe Languedoc Page is an extremely comprehensive guide to the region. It contains just about all you need to know about visiting, and living in, Languedoc.
The Languedoc. Click here to open this site in a new window The Languedoc in the South of France: Click here for everything you need to know about the Languedoc-Roussillon – weather, holidays, beaches, property, tourism and travel, Cathar castles, history, sports, food and wine, and everyday living.
The Languedoc Sun magazine hopes to build a bridge between English-speaking residents and the French culture. Through a wide-variety of articles, our aim is to facilitate integration into this new way of life.
Libraries and Bookshops
Le Bookshop is a small English bookshop situated in the historic town of Beziers in the Languedoc region of France. We stock a wide range of books from modern and classic fiction to biography and travel writing and we also have a large children’s area.
Regional Information and Property
The following sites have lots of useful information about life and events in the region with an emphasis on property purchase and rental.
FrenchEntrée Languedoc-Roussillon – another excellent site with masses of information about Languedoc property, holidays and lifestyle.
Crème de Languedoc – Houses for sale and rent in Languedoc, south of France. Languedoc’s property specialists – hundreds of properties for sale, holiday homes to rent and B&Bs – all in Languedoc, south of France. Plus a wealth of information about the region, its cities, beaches, sightseeing, wine, weather, etc.
Travel and Tourism
The following sites contain a great deal of information that will be helpful to people wishing to visit the Languedoc region – travel, accommodation, regional descriptions and beautiful photography
Peter van Deursen and Anneke Koremans run this site aimed at assisting tourists and tour operators in Languedoc-Rousillon. It has lots of useful and interesting information about each area in this large region, illustrated by beautiful photography. They also organise private tours in the area.
enlightened-traveller.co.uk The Enlightened Traveller designs unique hiking and walking tours in Languedoc and Provence, plus opportunities for active learning, recreation and regeneration. This is a lovely site where you can even sponsor a flamingo!
Walking in Languedoc specialises in themed self-guided hiking tours in Languedoc and Provence France with a pay-as-you-go approach to hotels, car hire and luggage transfers.
The Regordane Way The Anglo-French portal for everything to do with The Regordane Way or Chemin Saint-Gilles in France. This non-commercial site is dedicated to the preservation of this historic pilgrimage trail.
The following sites provide a variety of information sources on life in, and travel to, France.
This French Life Advice and information for people who want to live life the French way.